[arch-general] Virtualbox with upgraded kernel

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 08:17:49 EST 2010

On 01/09/2010 08:34 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 01/08/2010 06:18 PM, Paul Ezvan wrote:
>> David, I have got the same problem with a Gentoo box and 2.6.32.3
>> kernel, so it seems not to be Arch related.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Paul,
>
> 	Thank you for the info. Glad to know it looks like a general issue. I need to finish reading all responses to this thread, but through the automatic update checking the VB does, I notice there is another snapshot of 2.12 out. Dunno if it will fix the issue, but if I get time I'll try to build it with the AUR scripts and report back.

Hello everyone, fist post to the mailling list here, hope I'm doing it
right.

About virtualbox crashing, I had the same problem, I decided to test it
after seeing the posts here and indeed it crashed my box. It would just
show the progress bar with spawning ....

After rebuilding the virtualbox modules it started working fine again
(I'm using virtualbox_bin from the AUR). Maybe this is why it works fine
for people that change from virtualbox_ose to virtualbox_bin, the
modules are automatically rebuilt upon install.