[arch-general] Startup scripts

Tom uebershark at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 15 16:35:18 EST 2010

> While it is a hair misleading, entering the root password at this
> point gets you to your system.

No, it does not. You get dropped to a promt, I don't know which
'init-level' its on, but it generally does not get you to your system
like a normal boot.

> Also, to shut off automatic fsck at boot. From `man fsck`:
>     Filesystems with a fs_passno value of 0 are skipped and are not
> checked at all.

I don't want to turn off the automatic check, I just think(among a few
other things) that this test should be easily  skip-able. The
startup-script behaves very 'dumbly ' at said point, IMHO.

I neither know enough to 'fix' this kind of thing myself, nor do I
really have the time. I know very well that this is a community
distro, and that its wrong to rant, but I did put it in '**' ;)

Also I don't agree that it is right to be silent (not file bug
reports) just for the sake of 'politeness'