[arch-general] 2 Killer kde4 dark themes - DR you listening??

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Jan 19 15:02:22 EST 2010

On 01/19/2010 01:09 PM, Dimitrios Apostolou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for hijacking your thread but speaking of dark themes, I have been
> looking for ages for a nice reverse theme for gtk+ but every single one
> I remember wasn't perfect... Anyone 100% happy with a reverse theme?
>
> And most importantly, how the /heck/ do you handle the *bright* *white*
> pages of the web... I'd tried creating a custom CSS for me, but it broke
> too many pages...

No problem,

	I'm interested in the answer as well. I have some killer gnome themes that I
really like, but epiphany or firefox simply won't follow the desktop theme
without rendering the controls unusable in many cases. I like you created custom
chrome.css files by taking pages apart with the DOM inspector to set the input
control color to use the theme color only to have it break on the next site.

	For some apps (like egroupware), a few simple customizations cure the problem
and I do that for the 3 web apps I have, but ... that doesn't help the other
billion or so potential pages on the net.

	As for a great reverse theme. I really like the following. Just create a
directory for the theme under ~/.themes and make sure you have the needed gtk
and metacity parts installed (there standard stuff):

[Desktop Entry]
Name=dcr+neon+sonar
Type=X-GNOME-Metatheme
Comment=after crash cleanup

[X-GNOME-Metatheme]
GtkTheme=QtCurve
MetacityTheme=Sonar
IconTheme=Neon
GtkColorScheme=fg_color:#bd70bd70bd70,bg_color:#333333333333,text_color:#dc28dc28dc28,base_color:#1eb81eb81eb8,selected_fg_c
olor:#ffffffffffff,selected_bg_color:#414190b5e473,tooltip_fg_color:#d1ebd1ebd1eb,tooltip_bg_color:#3d703d703d70
CursorTheme=Vanilla-DMZ-AA
CursorSize=24
NotificationTheme=bubble

See if you like it.