[arch-general] dark themes (was 2 Killer kde4 dark themes - DR you listening??) [Part Solved]

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Jan 20 21:53:14 EST 2010

On 01/20/2010 02:24 PM, Slash wrote:

> Most of my applications are console, but I have been using the
> Murrina-Black GTK2 theme for a long time (~2 years) without issues. In
> regards to white websites, I just deal with it. Like other people
> said, as long as you aren't sitting in the dark, it's not a huge deal.
> Here is my desktop (taken last January I believe- Hasn't changed):
>
> http://www.slashbunny.com/desktop-clean.png
>
> http://www.slashbunny.com/desktop-dirty.png

Sheesh! What is your desktop size 33600x1050?

> The black space on the bottom left is because I have two different
> size monitors ;) I also use the "Marlies Dekkers" theme in google
> chrome, which happens to match Murrina-Black fairly well.
>
> Slash

Cool, thanks!

	Poking around a bit more. Here is the dark controllable (on/off) userstyle that
takes the white websites and turns them into a very pleasant gray. Apparently it
is providing a semi-transparent foreground that does a great job:

http://userstyles.org/styles/18192

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC