[arch-general] nitrogen libpng rebuild information

Ionut Biru biru.ionut at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 13:51:13 EST 2010

On 01/22/2010 08:47 PM, pyther wrote:
> Would someone (that is using testing) be so kind to test nitrogen out
> for me? Just run it and see if it loads up or not (it shouldn't need to
> be rebuild against libpng).
>
> I rebuilt gdk-pixbuf and gtk2 and it seems to resolve the crash. Then I
> removed my copies and installed from testing again, and oddly pacman
> redownloaded gdk-pixbuf (it used gtk2 from cache). As far as I know
> there wasn't a pkgrel bump. :-|
>
> Thanks
nitrogen works here, doesn't need to be rebuild but if i try it fails.

In file included from /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:394,
                  from Thumbview.cc:26:
/usr/include/libpng14/pngconf.h:364: error: expected constructor,
destructor, or type conversion before '.' token
/usr/include/libpng14/pngconf.h:365: error: '__dont__' does not name a type
make[2]: *** [Thumbview.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/build/src/nitrogen-1.4/src'

--
Ionut