[arch-general] nitrogen libpng rebuild information

pyther pyther at pyther.net
Fri Jan 22 13:56:17 EST 2010

On 01/22/2010 01:51 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
> On 01/22/2010 08:47 PM, pyther wrote:
>> Would someone (that is using testing) be so kind to test nitrogen out
>> for me? Just run it and see if it loads up or not (it shouldn't need to
>> be rebuild against libpng).
>>
>> I rebuilt gdk-pixbuf and gtk2 and it seems to resolve the crash. Then I
>> removed my copies and installed from testing again, and oddly pacman
>> redownloaded gdk-pixbuf (it used gtk2 from cache). As far as I know
>> there wasn't a pkgrel bump. :-|
>>
>> Thanks
> nitrogen works here, doesn't need to be rebuild but if i try it fails.
>
> In file included from /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:394,
>                  from Thumbview.cc:26:
> /usr/include/libpng14/pngconf.h:364: error: expected constructor,
> destructor, or type conversion before '.' token
> /usr/include/libpng14/pngconf.h:365: error: '__dont__' does not name a
> type
> make[2]: *** [Thumbview.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/build/src/nitrogen-1.4/src'

Hmm... It must have been a goofy upgrade glitch on my system or something.

Supposedly that error is due to a old libpng file that nitrogen no
longer uses.

Nitrogen 1.5 compiles fine and works without any problems. The dev,
m4re, is also an arch user (what would you know). He is going to try to
release 1.5 today.