[arch-general] mkinitcpio 0.6 alpha - testing and help needed

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sun Jan 24 12:05:51 EST 2010

Quoted from http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17298 (which is also to be
used for feedback, besides the threads on these mailing lists):

So, now something can be tested. I recommend using it in conjunction
with testing/udev only:

[kill-klibc]
Server = http://dev.archlinux.org/~thomas/kill-klibc/i686/

or

[kill-klibc]
Server = http://dev.archlinux.org/~thomas/kill-klibc/x86_64/

The standard hooks work, so do keymap, lvm2, encrypt. What does NOT work
is raid/mdadm/dmraid and root on NFS. I would appreciate any input and
patches w.r.t. those, as well as any testing. The v86d package also
needs to be fixed, but that is trivial.

device-mapper, lvm2 and cryptsetup have a weird "1.local" pkgrel so they
won't collide with the ones from the repo, sorry if that bothers anyone.

If you upgrade to this repositories, your existing mkinitcpio will be
replaced and all klibc packages will be gone too. So, if you try it,
please save your existing initramfs to a different filename as a
fallback, and do not perform kernel upgrades until you either confirmed
that it works, or downgraded to the klibc-based mkinitcpio.