[arch-general] Mounting tmpfs on /dev. Why?

AlannY m at alanny.ru
Sun Jan 24 15:14:35 EST 2010

Hi there. I'm newbie in Archlinux and I have another lame question.

Recently, I've found that Arch mounts tmpfs on /dev. And, as you may see,
this makes big problem to some applications.

I see: "none on /dev type tmpfs" in the output of mount program.

This mount is not placed in /etc/fstab. So, I think this is done by some
of init scripts. I've looked at the /etc/rc.d folder and grep "mount" `find`.
But nothing interesting found.

I really don't want to mount tmpfs on /dev. How to don't do it?

Thanks for patience.