[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Mon Jan 25 12:03:29 EST 2010

Am Montag, 25. Januar 2010 17:15:35 schrieb Joerg Schilling:
> The FSF does not own any code in cdrtools and the FSF does not publish
> cdrtools, so it is obvious that the FSF is irrelevant for your discussion.

To track down the problem to its root: What does it cost you to distribute
your code dual licensed under CCDL and GPL?

At some point it does not matter if you are right or not because it is simply
too expensive for us to proof it. You said yourself that it took some time for
SUN lawyers to conclude that GPL and CCDL might be compatible. But obviously
it's not easy as we wouldn't have this discussion other vise.

You could either continue to join endless discussion, ask more lawyers etc. or
simply check how you could distribute cdrtools with two licenses, the CCDL and
GPL.

If you really want people to use your code and concentrate on development
rather than licensing issues this is the simplest solution.

Pierre