[arch-general] Bluetooth headphone

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 11:47:14 EST 2010

2010/1/26 Manne Merak <mannemerak at gmail.com>:
> On 01/26/2010 10:16 AM, Ray Rashif wrote:
>>
>> 2010/1/26 Manne Merak<mannemerak at gmail.com>:
>>

>>> Now, how do I get other apps to see it?  I dont see it as a device or
>>> channel in the mixer?
>>>

>> http://en.opensuse.org/Bluetooth/Headphones-HOWTO#Is_it_possible_to_make_any_kind_of_link_from_a_.2Fdev.2F_entry_to_the_btheadset_to_make_the_headset_visible_to_any_application_.3F
>>

> Thanks, did all that already, as I said I can play audio using mplayer or
> aplay etc.
> But how do I get all apps that use it.
> Actually a guide that explains the roles of, alsa, phonon, gstreamer, xine,
> pulseaudio etc and how they fit together these days will also work for me.
> (as I understand KDE4 uses Phonon, which uses GStreamer as backend? which
> uses ALSA? sounds like a bit of abstraction madness going on)

"Thus you can use BT headset with applications which support the
output configuration to specific alsa device (specified in
~/.asoundrc) [b]. If your application does not allow this kind of
configuration you can also try to set the default alsa device to your
BT headset too. This will help of course only if this application
sends the output to alsa."

I think it's not possible to use it as how you expect.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD