[arch-general] Bluetooth headphone

Edgar Kalkowski eMail at edgar-kalkowski.de
Thu Jan 28 03:43:29 EST 2010

Am oder ungefähr am Dienstag, 26. Januar 2010, schrieb Ray Rashif:
> 2010/1/26 Manne Merak <mannemerak at gmail.com>:
>
> "Thus you can use BT headset with applications which support the
> output configuration to specific alsa device (specified in
> ~/.asoundrc) [b]. If your application does not allow this kind of
> configuration you can also try to set the default alsa device to your
> BT headset too. This will help of course only if this application
> sends the output to alsa."
>
> I think it's not possible to use it as how you expect.

I don’t really understand why you need to use pulseaudio for this purpose (as some people in this thread mentioned). I had a similar issue with an on-board sound card and an external headset that was plugged in via usb and recognized as a separate sound card. I wrote a simple udev rule (1 line) that switched the symlink /etc/asoundrc to two prepared asoundrc files in one of which the headset was the default device and in the other the on-board sound card. So if the headset was plugged in it was used exclusively and the other way round. :)

Ed