[arch-general] Bluetooth headphone

Jonathan D. Arnold / Daemon Dancing jdarnold at buddydog.org
Thu Jan 28 09:01:17 EST 2010

On 01/28/10 03:43, Edgar Kalkowski wrote:
> Am oder ungefähr am Dienstag, 26. Januar 2010, schrieb Ray Rashif:
>> 2010/1/26 Manne Merak<mannemerak at gmail.com>:
>>
>> "Thus you can use BT headset with applications which support the
>> output configuration to specific alsa device (specified in
>> ~/.asoundrc) [b]. If your application does not allow this kind of
>> configuration you can also try to set the default alsa device to your
>> BT headset too. This will help of course only if this application
>> sends the output to alsa."
>>
>> I think it's not possible to use it as how you expect.
>
> I don’t really understand why you need to use pulseaudio for this purpose (as some people in this thread mentioned). I had a similar issue with an on-board sound card and an external headset that was plugged in via usb and recognized as a separate sound card. I wrote a simple udev rule (1 line) that switched the symlink /etc/asoundrc to two prepared asoundrc files in one of which the headset was the default device and in the other the on-board sound card. So if the headset was plugged in it was used exclusively and the other way round. :)

Care to share your mods? I've been using Linux for awhile and that's still
something that has me confused. If I boot with my USB headphones plugged in,
some sound engines (like Xine) use them, and others (gstreamer) don't. And I
don't know how to swap them around.

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold at buddydog.org)

Daemon Dancing in the Dark, an Open OS weblog:
     http://linux.amazingdev.com/blog/