[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jan 27 10:08:03 EST 2010

Thomas Jost <thomas.jost at gmail.com> wrote:

> You said earlier that "_you_ would first need to prove that there is a
> legal problem with the original software".
>
> You are telling cdrkit is illegal.
>
> Follow your own rule. Prove cdrkit to be illegal.
>
> If you can't, there's no point in continuing this discussion.

Well Bloch was the first who claimed that there is a problem with the original
software. If _you_ claim that there is a problem with the original software,
_you_ need to prove this _first_.

If we like to advance, _you_ need to follow common legal rules and do not
base your behavior on FUD as it just has been shown by e.g. Allan McRae
who completely ignores common rules and who just confirmed that he did not even
read the GPL.

BTW: I did of course prove my claims:

	http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html

just read

http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/urhg/index.html

I am really sorry to see that you we are running in circles because some people
do not like to follow common rules for their decisions.

Jörg