[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jan 27 10:54:30 EST 2010

On 01/25/2010 02:46 PM, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My question is: this is relevant in Arch Linux? I guess that in
> general there are no strong rules about license issues under Arch Linux.
>
> I remember well, that some time ago, I asked some things about some
> packages readline (GPL) and BSD license. One comment, if I remember
> correctly, is that strictly speaking there would be problems between
> OpenSSL and software that makes use of it.
> Finally the conclusion was something like: "Why discuss this?
> Everything is free software!".
>
> So: Why is the opposition? Why comply with details in this particular
> case and in all other not? All is free software at all!
>
> PS: If there's one thing I love about Arch Linux is that it does not
> care about this great parody/paradox about licensing.
>

> Good day \forall

The discussion continued "in other branches" and I quote my message that
was ignored.
I'd like to read the answers to these questions if they were so kind.

So I think that discussions about "compatibility" of licenses are
meaningless. Leaving aside what really matters is functionality.

Thank you.

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar