[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit

Ray Kohler ataraxia937 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 11:03:02 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 15:45 +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>>> Just to make it clear:
>>>
>>> There is not a single claim from a lawyer that confirms the claims
>>> from
>>> the hostile downstram packager.
>>
>> Looking through the thread on the fedora list they claim there's lawyers
>> confirmed it, but in the same thread you say they're not lawyers.
>>
>> Point is, the situation is unclear and all that is done is flaming.
>> People flame you for your weird license, you flame other people for
>> forking your software.
>
> Mr Schilling reminds me quite a bit of that Ion guy who was overly
> hostile and trollish. That clears up the situation just fine for me.

What I'm seeing here is that Jörg is being his usual self, combative
but mostly correct. Allan is pissed off at him. Aaron is cautious and
heading towards angry. A couple of other people are a little bit
cautious. The rest of the participants, which is most of them, are in
favor of switching back from cdrkit to cdrtools. Let me also add my
support for putting cdrtools into [extra] (probably [community] is not
good enough as I think there are deps in [extra] on cdrkit right now.