[arch-general] kernel26-2.6.32.6-1 updates breaks Compiz?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Jan 28 21:38:18 EST 2010

Guys,

After updates today on my x86_64 box from testing, including kernel26-2.6.32.6-1, Compiz is broken. It attempts to start, but then all windows are left without any decorations and keyboard input is disabled on kde4. The first time I tried, the plasma panel died leaving me with no way to get kwin back other than finding a black spot on the desktop and logging out. Next attempt, plasma panel stayed with me and changing back and forth from kwin to compiz and back is easily done with fusion-icon. (I put a shortcut on my desktop to 'kwin --replace &' just in case)

Dunno what is happening here. All was OK before updates today. pacman.log is at:

www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/pacman.log

Looks like it is another jpg/png library issue:

20:35 alchemy:~> fusion-icon
 * Detected Session: kde
 * Searching for installed applications...
 * No GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap with direct rendering context
 ... present with indirect rendering, exporting: LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1
 * Using the GTK Interface
 * KWin is already running
 * Setting window manager to Compiz
 ... executing: compiz --replace --sm-disable --ignore-desktop-hints --indirect-rendering ccp --indirect-rendering
WARNING: Application calling GLX 1.3 function "glXCreatePixmap" when GLX 1.3 is not supported!  This is an application bug!
compiz: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/compiz/libpng.so: undefined symbol: png_check_sig

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC