[arch-general] Netcfg after resume from suspend

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Jan 31 06:36:14 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 11:37:54AM +1100, James Rayner wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 00:34 +0100, fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 05:00:04PM +0100, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> >
> > > You should try the testing version of netcfg instead:
> > > http://mirrors.kernel.org/archlinux/testing/os/any/netcfg-2.5.0rc2-1-any.pkg.tar.gz
> >
> > Will this allow to specify additional routes (apart
> > from GATEWAY) as well ? It's one thing I need e.g.
> > at home where the gateway to the world is the ISP
> > modem (192.168.1.1), but one of the machines on that
> > net is also a router to second local network.
>
> Yes. That's already available in the current [core] release too.
>
> Have a look at /etc/network.d/examples/ethernet-iproute. You can pass an
> array of iproute options. The example there only sets a static ip and
> default route, but you can pass as many routes as you like.

Yes, but I'm using netcfg for the wireless connection of the
laptop, and AFAICS the "IPCFG" command used in ethernet-iproute
does not work when using the 'wireless' profile. I may be wrong
but have not been able to add any routing to a wireless config.

The examples seem to assume that wireless implies 1. dhcp, and
2. just a default gw and not other routes.

For (1) it is just the examples lacking. But (2) seems to be a
hard-wired limitation.

Ciao,

--
FA