[arch-general] Laptop reboots instead of resume from suspend

Andrea Fagiani andfagiani at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 18:20:49 EST 2010

On 01/29/2010 09:46 PM, Dave Morgan wrote:
> I'm using an Inspiron 1720, GeForce 8600M GT, Arch i686.  If I update to
> any kernel after 2.6.31.6-1 then the laptop reboots from suspend or
> hibernate.
>
> According to pm-suspend.log the suspend was fine and there are n
> problems in the other logs.  It just reboots.
>
> Anyone else seen this, or any suggestions for a fix?

I've had the same problem with hibernation on my laptop, and solved by
adding the option :

/resume=/dev/SWAPPARTITION/

to the linux line in my grub.cfg (that would be kernel line in menu.lst
if you're using the old grub).
I didn't have problems with suspend though.

Might also want to try adding the /`resume/` hook to your
mkinitcpio.conf and rebuild your initrd.

Andrea