[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit - tone it down

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 07:27:39 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 06:48, Joerg Schilling
<Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> In Germany, it is possible to have a technically based discussion without
> attacking the other people. If you try to have the same using the English
> language, people often claim that they have been personally attacked and
> personally attack other people although they did reply on a text that
> clearly does not contain any personal attack.
I have been reading this mailing list for several years, and can think
of maybe one or two discussions that got like this. The vast majority
of them are quite civil technical discussions. Don't blame the
language for your lack of competence. If you feel that English can't
convey your ideas, that's not the fault of the language but a lack of
fluency on your part. Stop trying to misdirect the discussion.