[arch-general] ca-cf keyboard layout in hal

Sébastien Leblanc leblancsebas at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 10:03:48 EST 2010

Actually, I tried the variant "fr" even if it was not listed and it
worked. How come that variant is not listed in the evdev.lst file?
Should that problem be reported upstream?

Strangely, in the kcontrol Keyboard layout selection menu, the variant
"fr" for the canadian keyboard does appear.

As for the ca-fr layout, it is very particular in that it accepts dead
keys as input, for accented letters. The fr-legacy does not, but the
fr-dvorak does, although I am still not quite ready with dvorak
layouts.

Thanks for your help!