[arch-general] ca-cf keyboard layout in hal

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 12:51:16 EST 2010

>> I cannot find the "cf" variant in the ca layout (canadian french) in
>> /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/xorg.lst. What happened with it?
>
> The layouts are listed in evdev.lst, as that's what the evdev driver
> uses. Looking through that file, the variant for canadian french is
> fr-legacy or fr-dvorak.

afaik, Xorg stopped using the .lst files - at least I remember a
discussion on this some time ago, I hope it's been implemented by now.

Now, from what I see in /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/ca there are a
dozen of variants including "fr" "fr-legacy" etc. (grep symbols
/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/ca)

So just, "setxkbmap -layout ca -variant fr" should get you what you want

--
damjan