[arch-general] Arch Linux and security - it needs some work

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 10:05:00 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 10:01, Ananda Samaddar
<ananda.samaddar at vfemail.net> wrote:
> I really like Arch. I switched about a year ago after being a Debian
> user for nine years.  There is something that troubles me though about
> Arch.  Its lack of security focus.

Basically this and everything related to it comes down to manpower.
Every time it gets brought up, the response is "that would be nice"
and then no one does anything. If you want to make it happen, then
work on submitting patches and doing the legwork that needs to be
done.