[arch-general] screen goes blank on reboot after 1st pacman Su of new install!!!???

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Wed Jul 7 01:56:20 EDT 2010

Joe:

I gave up on gpm in a terminal before x is started. I never could manage to get
to work right. The other thing I've noticed about the onboard graphics is
some manufacturers seem to modify the drivers slightly. I had one laptop
with ATI onboard and the only drivers I could make work were the ones
from the laptop manufacturer.

Glad you got it working, mostly at least.

Myra