[arch-general] nVidia MCP79

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 10:07:59 EDT 2010

2010/7/11 Rafael Beraldo <rafaelluisberaldo at gmail.com>:
> According to Corrado, the MacBook uses the same sound card that my netbook
> uses. This wiki page says the model parameter can be either mbp3 or mb5:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/MacBook_Aluminum#Sound

I didn't say we have the same soundcard, I said we have the same
chipset, but also that the same chipset can see different releases in
time (my Macbook was bought in late 2008). Check your codec instead,
by launching

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec

When you have the codec name, match it to a model parameter by
checking the kernel docs at
http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Models.txt