[arch-general] nVidia MCP79

Rafael Beraldo rafaelluisberaldo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 10:27:55 EDT 2010

2010/7/11 bardo <ilbardo at gmail.com>

> I didn't say we have the same soundcard, I said we have the same
> chipset, but also that the same chipset can see different releases in
> time (my Macbook was bought in late 2008). Check your codec instead,
> by launching
>
> cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec

 $  cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec
Codec: Realtek ALC269
Codec: Nvidia MCP79/7A HDMI

Which, I think, means that MCP79 only controls HDMI audio output. I was
looking at the wrong place all this time. This card is not shown when I run
lspci. Anyway, I quickly searched the web and found nothing relevant but
that:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-eeepc-devel/2010-February/003320.html.
However, this error doesn't exist in the current kernel.

> When you have the codec name, match it to a model parameter by
> checking the kernel docs at
> http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Models.txt

I'll try the parameters for ALC269. There are a few in that link, including
two related to eeepc, and no parameters to MCP79.

Rafael Beraldo
http://cabaladada.org