[arch-general] nVidia MCP79

Rafael Beraldo rafaelluisberaldo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 18:29:52 EDT 2010

2010/7/15 Alexander Lam <lambchop468 at gmail.com>

> Sorry for the late response, I've been away.
> I've actually been trying to make my own ALC268 louder, so I've read
> up on hda architecture :P
> (I haven't been successful though)
>
> card0 is a single HDA controller. an HDA controller is basically a dma
> controller that sends audio data to a codec connected to the HDA bus
> on that card.
> In this instance, you have two codecs connected to the same HDA
> controller, which means...
>
> You won't see two sound cards in lspci because both sound codecs are
> on the same pci device.
>
> This may be the fault of your terminal.
> Did you try amixer instead?

Well, amixer doesn't seem to show nothing relevant. Here is the output:
http://pastebin.com/e7Xx7Gce. I don't see anything that I can't control with
alsamixer. Also, everything is set to 100%.

> Anyway, I highly recommend using reading
> http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Help_To_Debug_Intel_HDA and
> using the HDA-Analyzer utility mentioned there - you can mess with
> your codecs manually to try to get louder sound.

I've read it quickly... What should I look for? What should I tweak? I don't
know those things very well. Anyway, right know I'm downloading Ubuntu to
see if the sound is louder in this distribution. I haven't tested any OS but
Arch Linux.

--
Rafael Beraldo
http://cabaladada.org