[arch-general] Need Help working on radeon/kernel bug - Where can I get .35rc kernel

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Jul 19 03:24:28 EDT 2010

On 07/17/2010 07:36 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Guys,
>
> On the kernel/radeon, Andreas suggested:
>
> "try a .35rc kernel if it's fixed meanwhile. if not ask on the upstream radeon
> list and then probably file the issue to the Xorg tracker for radeon."
>
> My question:
>
> (1) where would I look to find the Arch .35rc kernel?
>
> I got the rest :p

Just FYI to the list:

2.6.34 (KMS early/late) no changes - when it successfully boots graphics
performance is terrible and compiz whitescreens requiring "Alt+F2 metacity
--replace" in the blind to recover a usable desktop

2.6.35rc (KMS early/late) - doesn't matter, gets to "Loading Modules" and
hardlocks the box

Bummer :-(

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.