[arch-general] Archlinux Wiki Backup

Francesco Turco 1nw2qrux at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 08:51:14 EDT 2010

  Hello,

As I said in the forums
(https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=94201), I started
contributing to the wiki (minor edits for now), but I'm concerned about
the absence of a proper way to obtain a snapshot of it for backup
reasons. I looked at the arch-wiki-docs package, but it's only a
collection of HTML pages, with no source code, no discussions, no
revisions, and not working hyperlinks. This way, it would be hard to
restore the wiki after a crash. Other wikis provide a backup: please see
http://download.wikimedia.org/ and
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Gentoo_Linux_Wiki:Backup. To reduce
bandwidth usage, we can use Bittorrent, just as with ISO releases. What
do you think?

Thanks.