[arch-general] jack-audio-connection-kit-mp vs celt/celt-07

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Wed Jul 28 06:26:47 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Ng Oon-Ee's message of 2010-07-28 04:13:04 +0200:
> Hi all,
>
> AUR has the package celt which I've always had installed (installed it
> long time back to compile some audio app).
>
> Repos have celt-0.7 which provides celt.
>
> Thing is, when I try to makepkg jack-audio-connection-kit-mp (which
> doesn't depend on celt at all) it fails when celt is installed, but
> works when celt-0.7 or no celt is installed.
>
> There's overlap between AUR packages and other stuff here, so I'm not
> sure whether this belongs on this ML, or even in a personal email to
> the maintainer. In which case, my question would be, which maintainer?
>
> Thanks.

You can try to explicitly disable celt support. Celt is only needed for
netjack to work over the internet. It should be possible to build jack
with netjack support but without celt, in which case it would only work
in a LAN. If that is not possible, then this is actually a upstream bug.
--
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu
und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan