[arch-general] mandriva beat us to a new version

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 12:37:45 EDT 2010

2010/7/29 Angel Velásquez <angvp at archlinux.com.ve>:
> Do you know that there is some human intervention in the process to
> make these packages? those humans who are in the process called devs,
> trusted users, etc .. If you want the last version of _perl_ (or any
> other package) and it's not on the repos yet, you can compile
> yourself, share it with the pkgbuilds (if you want), or just wait
> until this or those human(s) have a free time to make the package(s)
> and do the tests, or you want a broken package but _updated_ ?.

Just so you know.... I volunteered to be a junior dev and was
rejected. I have ~400
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&L=2&K=xenoterracide
packages on the AUR. I file out of date packages on on Arch every day.
I think I filed ALL the rebuild bugs (for perl- packages ) for 5.12.
I've been running it for 3 months. I think I've done everything I
/can/ to get this rolled out. The fact is the small, very small amount
of work that has yet to be done... I can't do.

--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.com