[arch-general] arch-dev-public misleading

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Jul 31 08:00:20 EDT 2010

Am 31.07.2010 13:30, schrieb jesse jaara:
> The name and description of the arch-dev-public mailing list are
> extreamly  misleading, for me personally the name and description tells that
> the list is open for everyone to discuss about development of Arch Linux and
> apps. This also makes me think that there must also be a closed mailing list
> for the developers and USA government only, where they can discuss about
> putting a spying app to every single arch box there is. :D

There IS a closed list, and it used to be the only development list for
quite some time. In March 2007, arch-dev-public was created and
virtually all development talk moved there (traffic on arch-dev is very
minimal, mainly discussions about server infrastructure and world
domination).

If you (== the user) want to discuss Arch development, you can use
arch-general.