[arch-general] Xorg18 status and Gnome

Keith Hinton keithint1234 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 16:40:23 EDT 2010

Hi,
Why is it that Arch seems to take longer than say other distros such as Ubuntu, Debian, etc, to support newer versions of Xorg and Gnome? I was curious about that process.
While Debian/Ubuntu/etc distros seem to be supporting the Gnome desktop just fine, it appears that others most noticeably that of Gentoo and other such similar distros, mask or test out Gnome/Xorg, rather than releasing it strate away into say in Arches case, the extra/core repos.
I had another question, relating to that of Arch, some webpages I have found compare Arch to Debian Cid/Unstable. How true is this, and exactly in what way is Arch Linux itself, like that of Debian Cid? Thanks!
Regards, --Keith
Skype: skypedude1234
MSN Messenger:
keithint37 at hotmail.com