[arch-general] Xorg18 status and Gnome

Robert Howard rjh0507 at ecu.edu
Thu Jun 3 17:25:40 EDT 2010

Don't read websites that compare arch to debian.

On Jun 3, 2010 4:40 PM, "Keith Hinton" <keithint1234 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
Why is it that Arch seems to take longer than say other distros such as
Ubuntu, Debian, etc, to support newer versions of Xorg and Gnome? I was
curious about that process.
While Debian/Ubuntu/etc distros seem to be supporting the Gnome desktop just
fine, it appears that others most noticeably that of Gentoo and other such
similar distros, mask or test out Gnome/Xorg, rather than releasing it
strate away into say in Arches case, the extra/core repos.
I had another question, relating to that of Arch, some webpages I have found
compare Arch to Debian Cid/Unstable. How true is this, and exactly in what
way is Arch Linux itself, like that of Debian Cid? Thanks!
Regards, --Keith
Skype: skypedude1234
MSN Messenger:
keithint37 at hotmail.com