[arch-general] Help me with OpenVPN

Benjamin Campbell benji.campbell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 17:32:41 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Gaurish Sharma
<contact at gaurishsharma.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> Thank you all. you been great. With your help, I am now able to
> connect but small problem. I can't transfer/ping any data. I think
> there is some problem with firewall rules with Iptables.
>
> But I don't know much about iptables. Any guide which would be get
> started with IPtables?
>

> Regards,
> Gaurish Sharma
>

> On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Kazuo Teramoto <kaz.rag at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 1:15 AM, Benjamin Campbell
> > <benji.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> "Port 1194 is the official
> >> IANA<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Assigned_Numbers_Authority
> >assigned
> >> port number for OpenVPN. Newer versions of the program now default
> >> to that port." -- Wikipedia<
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenVPN#Networking>
> >
> > Cant you pass --port and --proto to force client using the default
> > port and udp?  (I dont use openvpn, only read the manual to try to
> > help, so sorry if this dont make sense)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Kazuo
> >
> > --
> > «Dans la vie, rien n'est à craindre, tout est à comprendre»
> > Marie Sklodowska Curie.

Here is a high abstraction based howto... That may get your gears turning.
 http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//packet-filtering-HOWTO.html<Here%20is%20a%20high%20abstraction%20based%20howto...%20That%20may%20get%20your%20gears%20turning.%20%20http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//packet-filtering-HOWTO.html>

--
Thanks

Ben Campbell