[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] dropping flashplugin x86_64

C Anthony Risinger anthony at extof.me
Tue Jun 15 19:40:05 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Denis A. Altoé Falqueto
<denisfalqueto at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Youtube uses webm now, not h.264.
>>>
>>> Firefox should have support in their nightly builds.
>>
>> Oh, my information is outdated then. When did this happen? I do recall
>> searching before (probably when all this html5-youtube stuff started)
>> and seeing clear statements that firefox would not support h.264 due to
>> HTML5 being an open standard or something along those lines.
>
> I think that there's a misunderstood here. Youtube is using webm in
> the experimental version of the site. And Firefox nightly build has
> support for webm, not h.264.

let's just all chant together in hopes that flash video will endure a
quick, fiery demise, and webm/VP8 will rise from the ashes to claim
it's place.

we just may see an HTML5 video standard.

yay to google for buying a company and releasing their codec.
vorbis/theora wasn't going anywhere.