[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] dropping flashplugin x86_64

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 19:57:56 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 7:40 PM, C Anthony Risinger <anthony at extof.me> wrote:
> let's just all chant together in hopes that flash video will endure a
> quick, fiery demise, and webm/VP8 will rise from the ashes to claim
> it's place.

meh! flash works... I don't think I've tried the webm stuff... but I
did try the youtube html5 beta and it just didn't work well. flash
does more than just video anyways. I'll be ok with html5 <video> if it
works as good as flash for the purpose... but flash does so much more,
and it will certainly is better than going back to the days of
'proprietary plugins, and codecs'.

--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com