[arch-general] New Google Group for discussion and notices on Arch security.

Ananda Samaddar ananda at samaddar.co.uk
Thu Jun 17 14:57:56 EDT 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:45:17 -0500
Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds like a blast from the past:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Security_Task_Force
> http://code.google.com/p/arch-sheriff/
>
> Best of luck this time around.
>
> -Dan

As I've mentioned before, I don't think getting the processes in place
will be that hard if we modify Gentoo's way of doing things to suit
Arch.  Gentoo's docs are all cc-by-sa licensed so it shouldn't be an
issue.  The mailing lists for vulnerabilities exist that can be used to
check against the packages in Arch.  What is needed are volunteers who:

1. Check for vulnerabilities
2. Know how to use PKGBUILDS and abs
3. Can spare some time to send announcements, create interim PKGBUILDs
and file security issues on the bug tracker.

It may well turn out to be a one man show for the immediate future, but
I'm prepared for that.

Ananda