[arch-general] New Google Group for discussion and notices on Arch security.

Jeroen Op 't Eynde jeroen at xprsyrslf.be
Thu Jun 17 18:06:03 EDT 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:57:56 +0200, Ananda Samaddar
<ananda at samaddar.co.uk> wrote:

> 1. Check for vulnerabilities
> 2. Know how to use PKGBUILDS and abs
> 3. Can spare some time to send announcements, create interim PKGBUILDs
> and file security issues on the bug tracker.

1. [testing] users do that
2. [testing] users, Devs and TUs (should) know this
3. see 1 and 2

IMHO, Arch's rolling release and cutting/bleeding edge kicks the need for
a security team. Just do your one man thing like any testing user. The
only thing I can think of in ways of security is signed packages, so write
some code if you are a coder or put some time in a plan on how to achieve
this instead of starting a strange vague unofficial security mailing list.
If you do have a lot of security issues about arch, just flood the
arch-general mailing list. If the devs see 'a lot' of messages concerning
security, they might come back on the arch-security mailing list. Just be
patient.

--
To read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting