[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] dropping flashplugin x86_64

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Thu Jun 17 17:40:35 EDT 2010

Am Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:49:50 -0400
schrieb Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide at gmail.com>:

> not in our stable build.

And why does it (Youtube) work with the current chromium from [extra]?

> http://www.permadi.com/blog/2010/05/sample-webm-video-2/ < that's
> supposed to be webm and the video that's on youtube should have an
> webm and html5 badge... I just get the html5 one. I hear it's been
> backported in unstable and in chrome.

You probably misunderstand something. HTML5 is the new HTML version,
the language in which websites (Youtube e.g.) are written, the language
which provides the <video> tag. WebM is the codec of the videos like
MPEG, Ogg/Theora, etc.

Heiko