[arch-general] intel video & suspend

Christoph Rissner c.r at visotech.at
Fri Jun 18 04:12:05 EDT 2010

On 06/18/2010 09:54 AM, Ray Rashif wrote:
> That_is_  the default behaviour - the laptop should do nothing at all
> when the lid is closed. I know of no particular hardware/BIOS that
> sets a sleep action upon lid closure. It is only altered by userspace
> tools/daemons like for eg. when using a DE.

I know, in my case its acpi-eeepc-generic that, by default, suspends the
system when closing the lid.

But thats not the point. What I tried to say is, I do have an Intel
video card and experienced problems as mentioned in the original post.
I didn't have to suspend the system but just close the screen lid
(turning it off), then after opening the lid again the screen would
remain blank/off occasionally, no matter what I tried.

However, it didn't happen to me in the last month, IIRC there was a
kernel update, I think this has resolved my issues.

Bye,
Christoph