[arch-general] Important notice on the Arch Security Team to the whole Arch Linux community.

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 19:11:25 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 19:28 +0100, Ananda Samaddar wrote:
> 5.  LONG TERM GOALS
>
> Most Arch stuff starts out as external projects than then merge with
> the main distro.  If our work turns out to be useful, and I hope it
> will be, I would like us to become an official Arch Team.  We could
> then having something like Debian does, with two mailing lists, one for
> security discussion and a read only list where announcements are
> posted. The details of this remain to be determined as this initiative
> is only just starting out.

I'd still like to know how this replaces/conflicts with Arch policy for
'as upstream as possible'. I'm aware that just starting out the answer
may just be "we don't know yet", but for me one of the benefits of Arch
is that all packages are close to upstream (and thus its easy to discuss
bugs with upstream, which may not be the case with 5-10 security-patches
from git/svn).