[arch-general] Important notice on the Arch Security Team to the whole Arch Linux community.

Ananda Samaddar ananda at samaddar.co.uk
Mon Jun 21 19:17:37 EDT 2010

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:11:25 +0800
Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd still like to know how this replaces/conflicts with Arch policy
> for 'as upstream as possible'. I'm aware that just starting out the
> answer may just be "we don't know yet", but for me one of the
> benefits of Arch is that all packages are close to upstream (and thus
> its easy to discuss bugs with upstream, which may not be the case
> with 5-10 security-patches from git/svn).

I think you answered your own question with the 'we don't know yet'
statement.  I'm looking to get in with the archserver.org guys and the
only response I've had so far from them seems to be positive.  So the
Google Group may well be shutting down with everything moving to
archserver.org's infrastructure.  There's also already one person who
wants to join the team and help.

Basically watch this space and hopefully we'll have something on the go
very soon.

thanks,

Ananda