[arch-general] Kudos to the Arch devs!

Brendan Long korin43 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 00:02:31 EDT 2010

On 06/21/2010 09:40 PM, Gaurish Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
> I would be interested to know your experience of running arch as
> server os. running I use distros like debian,CentOS etc. till now I
> have been scared of running arch as server.
>
> Please share your experience
>

> Regards,
> Gaurish Sharma

I'm obviously not the person you were replying to, but I've been running
Arch for around 6 months on a web server with no problems at all (using
Apache + MySQL + PHP then Lighttpd + PostgreSQL + PHP). I used to use
Ubuntu, but recompiling PHP to turn GD back on every update was getting
on my nerves.

- Brendan Long