[arch-general] makepkg creates symlink to the package file

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 01:38:57 EDT 2010

On 26 June 2010 00:59, Attila <vodoo0904 at sonnenkinder.org> wrote:
> At Freitag, 25. Juni 2010 08:29 Ray Rashif wrote:
>
>> In what kind of situation would someone have something against that symlink?
>
> If you don't ordered it? -) Okay without joking: I think everyone will have
> something against a thing what he never needs and i'm surprised that no one
> recognize this very simple answer.

For the record, I myself had asked if the symlink could be removed
upon cleaning [1], but the purpose this symlink serves is greater than
the cleanliness you get from removing it after a build. So, in the
end, there should be no other reason to feel that your habits have
been violated.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/pacman-dev@archlinux.org/msg03794.html

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD