[arch-general] VLC and Wine have been out-of-date too long.

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Jun 26 04:11:40 EDT 2010

On 26/06/10 17:43, Ionuț Bîru wrote:
> On 06/26/2010 10:28 AM, Lauri Niskanen wrote:
>> Hello,
>
> hi
>
>> it is stable enough for Arch and 1.0.1 is just too out date.
>>
>> Please update vlc to 1.1.0 and Wine to 1.2-rc5.
>
> rc version doesn't belong in our official extra. it would be updated to
> 1.2 when is actually released

Nor does the developmental 1.1.x branch that has been packaged for wine
so far.   These are just further releases along that branch and so the
"RC" status should be relatively meaningless it terms of whether wine is
updated to it.

Never-the-less, ABS is the solution to all the worlds problems...   or
at least those involving out-of-date packages in Arch Linux.

Allan