[arch-general] Xorg 1.8 & Nouveau dependencies

Michishige Kaito chris.webstar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 07:00:44 EDT 2010

Hey,

So, we all heard it doesn't need HAL anymore. But what does it need? It
would seem like it depends on either "nvidia" or "nvidia-utils" because I
got rid of those last night and now X won't start. Well... it _does_ start,
but all I get is a bunch of nice coloured stripes across the screen in
random angles and sizes. I'm not really sure how to handle this, since I
can't seem to access my system now. I'm burning an arch ISO while I type,
and gonna try that. Whilst... any tips?