[arch-general] [arch-releng] Inclusion of wvdial in the ISO

Nilesh Govindarajan lists at itech7.com
Sun Jun 27 21:48:44 EDT 2010

On 06/27/2010 10:29 PM, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Am Sonntag 27 Juni 2010 schrieb Dieter Plaetinck:
>> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 18:16:58 +0800
>>
>> Ray Rashif<schivmeister at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> No, it will definitely help if it's included - you just have to make
>>> an exception and try to fit it in with the rest of the packages in
>>> src/core/pkg (ppp is already part of base, whereas wvdial is in
>>> extra). Perhaps a request to bring it into core in light of cases like
>>> this?
>>
>> Then probably we should move wvdial to core just like ie. pppoe stuff is
>> in core, no need for a special exceptions. And then we'd include it in
>> the package list for archiso. Having it in /src/core/pkg on the iso
>> will be a good sideeffect, not a primary goal.
>> I suggest someone who is into this stuff takes over, because I don't
>> really know what i'm talking about.
>>
>> Dieter
> Why to have a second app for dialing in core if ppp can handle already this
> stuff?
>
> Just my 2 cents.
> greetings
> tpowa

PPP can be configured to dial, but one needs to be a super geek I think.
As I told you earlier, here in India, wvdial is supported officially,
because it automatically detects the required settings. Change Username,
Password and Phone Number. That's all, and you can have latest packages
if you do an FTP install.

--
Regards,
Nilesh Govindarajan