[arch-general] Howto handle poppler conflict with poppler-qt3

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Wed Mar 10 00:03:38 CET 2010

On 03/09/2010 05:58 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Guys,
>
> 	Latest updates to poppler require the removal of poppler-qt3 which fails due to
> kdemod3-kdegraphics-pdf (kpdf) dependencies. How do we handle this? Do we just
> remove poppler-qt3? Won't that break kpdf? Thought I would check before I
> started breaking things on my own :p
>
> 	The actual error is:
>
> :: poppler conflicts with poppler-qt3. Remove poppler-qt3? [Y/n]
> error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
> :: kdemod3-kdegraphics-kpdf: requires poppler-qt3>=0.6

I just dealt with it by removing poppler-qt3 and kdemod3-kdegraphics-pdf.

poppler-qt3 doesn't even seem to exist in any of the repos anymore.  And
KDE3 is pretty much a dead project at this point anyway.  (I don't even
think it's possible to build it on Arch anymore.)  Probably best if you
don't rely on it for anything.

HTH,

DR