[arch-general] Howto handle poppler conflict with poppler-qt3

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Wed Mar 10 00:20:49 CET 2010

On 03/09/10 18:03, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> poppler-qt3 doesn't even seem to exist in any of the repos anymore. And
> KDE3 is pretty much a dead project at this point anyway. (I don't even
> think it's possible to build it on Arch anymore.) Probably best if you
> don't rely on it for anything.

installing SoundKonverter put some parts of KDE 3 in /opt . Which seemed
a little odd.  Additionally, I'm not sure that SoundKonverter actually
worked in this setup.  (SoundKonverter's author is working on a KDE/QT 4
based version that s/he decided to rewrite the code significantly. and
has been at alpha stage for a while. alas. It was the best sound
conversion & ReplayGain-adding software.)

-Isaac