[arch-general] RAID Configuration & Swap Space

Linas linas_fi at ymail.com
Wed Mar 10 18:13:10 CET 2010

Carlos Mennens wrote:
> Yes I am very familiar with that Wiki article but find Swap on RAID is
> useless, no? For my scenario I was going to do the following and
> please correct me if you think this is wrong:

It is useful if you want to continue running the system even with a
failed disk (without
a restart).
Otherwise, yes. The kernel will distribute stores across swap disk if
they all have the
same priority.

Depending on your bootloader support, you may want to use --metadata=1.0
on /boot to
place raid metadata at the end and make it look like a normal partition.